Had a build session @ Currivan's to build the insulation cap for octavius out of mylar foil
- Build materials for insulation cap:
* Building approach:
- We took 4 widths that stretched the entire octagon end-to-end (with a tape-reenforced hole for where the vertical rod that holds the canvas up), then filled in the gaps between with smaller pieces. This was pretty effective, there is a good bit of overlaps at the top, took approx 3-4 hours.
- Remaining work
- The walls need built, and we need a good way to attach the walls to the cap. Several ideas discussed (tape loops, foil loops, tape joins, taping to pole of Octavius).
- Do we want to do this thursday?
Group discussion during break:
- Check on o2 detector
- Cheapest option is $80 amazon
- Heating circus tent:
- Buy4th camp big buddy
- check on the tubing to be sure we can heat them all
- Get BFW generator fixed so we have two that work
- Need to make sure we have corded power tools! batteries did not charge and did not work well
- Build circus tent
- Plan to bring our own wood
- Ask jessie about wood, storage check (bubble wrap + insulation)
- Second pledenza cut (height) - talk with chance
- Bar - a good project for someone to take on
- Pacl a step ladder
- Ms frostburn: have an icp song for reigning queen + glammy disco music
- Onga boinga sets a good precedent for a daily party time, could we do something similar?